Now you can change ATV/UTV tyres yourself, when you want, where you want. The portable Bead Buster XB-455 is powerful and quickly unseats stubborn tyre beads from the rim using only hand tools, and it won't damage your rims. No floor mounting is required so you can use it on the trail or in your garage. The quality of this tool is exceptional, with the home mechanic and trail rider in mind, it was specifically designed for difficult-to-remove ATV tyres, but we soon realised that it worked just as well on just about every kind of tyre there is. No adjustment is needed for different tyre/wheel sizes. It is small, portable, and perfect for stashing in your glove box or tool box. Save time, money, and frustration by quickly and easily changing your own tyres whenever, and wherever you want
- A 3/4″ wrench is required to drive the clamp and ram bolts. Hand wrenches will work, power tools are recommended. You can use an impact wrench, but use caution with a 1/2″ impact to not over-torque the bolts.
- Tyre Irons are required to finish the job of removing the tyre from the rim.
- The XB-450 will NOT work on ATV wheels that have a reinforcing ring (aka “rock ring”), such as Kawasaki KFX OEM wheels, and certain aftermarket Baja racing wheels. For Reinforced Rims, you need the XB-451 or XB-454 Pro.
- Certain cast aluminium and alloy passenger vehicle rims and large agricultural rims have a profile that prevents the tool from clamping properly. See the specifications above; if in doubt, measure your rims and compare to the tool’s spec. limits. For Automotive wheels with curved/angled surfaces, an XB-451 or XB-454 PRO with the optional Long Clamp Arm is needed for proper clamping with those problematic wheels.
- The BeadBuster 45X series was designed for use on the most common Diameters of ATV/UTV Rims: 9″ and larger. Smaller rims (7″ & 8″) have a different and shallower lip profile. Use on these rims may cause damage to the ram foot as the feet can catch on the bead retainer. However, the tool can be effectively used on these smaller rims with a spacer. It's a small magnetic pad that effectively shortens the feet for small rims. Damage to the tool as a result of use on these smaller rims without the spacer voids the warranty.
Most of our products come shipped with installation instructions. But we know sometimes things can be a little trickier than they seem. If you need some assistance installing this prouct, drop us a line and one of our friendly staff can give you some advice.Contact Us