Gen 3 Portals are Geared for All
We don’t make portals for just one type of rider—they’re geared for all. With Gen 3 4” GDP Portal Gear Lifts, you get 30% gear reductions on your Can-Am Defender. That means you get the right torque for the right tire size and the right ride style. Ride how you want, where you want.
GDP—the Most Trusted Name in Portals
Whether you go muddin' or go fast, more riders roll on GDP portals than any other portal system. With thousands of riders logging hundreds of thousands of ride hours on their portals, you can trust GDP to be the most proven portal gear lift you can get. These aren’t rookie imitation portals—they’re built on the back of true experience.
Perfect for Mud
We’re guessing some of you bought your Defender for one thing: mudding. Good thing portals go with mud like peanut butter on jelly. Speaking of peanut butter, a lift with a gear reduction will give you tons of power to the ground®—you can turn monster tires and plow through nasty peanut butter mud like nobody’s business.
A Gear Reduction That Protects Your Drivetrain
Portals put the gear reduction right in the hub, after your transmission, prop shaft, differential, and axles. That means it reduces stress on your entire drivetrain. You get more power and your machine doesn’t wear out as quickly. That’s a win-win.
Unmatched Gear Material
Gears are at the center of what makes portals go, so we spared no expense to make them the best, top-of-the-line gears we could. They’re made with precision ground 9310 alloy steel so they mate perfectly each and every time. Plus, that precision ensures super smooth, super quiet portals even when you’re throttling down. They’re built for the hard riding you love.
Stronger Housings by Design
We make our housings stronger by design. We know what makes a portal box break and what doesn’t. With cast aluminum housings you know you’re getting the strongest boxes in the business—they’re built with experience. And they’re built with confidence.
- Our housings are reinforced in all the right places
- They’re built with better oil flow and gearing forces in mind
- There are no gimmicks and no vents because vents do more harm than good—we know because we tested them
The Strongest Portal Backing Plates You Can Get
What makes our 5/16” portal backing plates so stinking strong? They’re made with a specialized steel alloy that’s even stronger than chromoly. It sure isn’t your run-of-the-mill plate steel. It’s super tough, and at that thickness, it’ll take on as many miles as you can give it. We refuse to compromise strength on our portals, and you should too.
Advanced Gaskets and Seals
The cast housing uses:
- Advanced Thermo-Tork® gaskets with excellent oil resistance and a lower deterioration rate than Kevlar gaskets
- A sealed input gear and double-lipped output seal
- 100% sealing coverage throughout so you can forget about oil leaks
Bearings That Rock
The best gears in the world will still fail if you don’t have the bearings to back them up. GDP uses a double-angular contact bearing on the output shaft that’s designed to handle massive forces in any direction without failing. We use roller bearings to hold the idler gear because we know that gear faces extreme forces. Roller bearings keep it running smooth. Every last bit of GDP portals are designed to be the best.
Universal Hubs and Slotted Rotors
Our precision-ground, stainless steel slotted rotors stay cool to give you the braking power you need when you need it. We made them that way to make your life easier. They come with 4/156, 4/137, 4/115, and 4/110 bolt patterns and lugs—you can fit wheels built for almost any side-by-side on these hubs. We invented the tapered output shaft that our hubs attach to. It provides a more secure lock that won’t wobble or wear over time.
|4” Portal Gear Lift Includes:|
|(2) Steel steering arms|
|(4) Assembled portal hub boxes complete with 9310 gears, seals, output shaft, Thermo-Tork® gaskets, and thrust bearings|
|(4) Universal hubs and stainless steel slotted rotors with lugs|
|(4) Specialized steel alloy backing plates|
|(4) Steel caliper mounting plates|
|All required hardware, including recessed castle nut socket|
|Extended brake lines|
Will fit the following models:
- Can-Am Defender HD 5 : 2017+
- Can-Am Defender HD 5 DPS : 2017+
- Can-Am Defender HD 8 : 2016+
- Can-Am Defender HD 8 DPS : 2016+
- Can-Am Defender HD 8 XT : 2016+
- Can-Am Defender HD 8 XT Cab : 2016-2017
- Can-Am Defender HD 8 XTP : 2018+
- Can-Am Defender HD 10 : 2016-2019
- Can-Am Defender HD 10 DPS : 2016-2019
- Can-Am Defender HD 10 XT : 2016+-2019
- Can-Am Defender HD 10 XT Cab : 2016-2017
- Can-Am Defender HD 10 XTP : 2018+
- Can-Am Defender HD 10 Mossy Oak : 2018+
- 14” or larger wheel required
- Wheels cannot exceed 4-1/2” backspacing
- Not compatible with dual beadlock wheels
Most of our products come shipped with installation instructions. But we know sometimes things can be a little trickier than they seem. If you need some assistance installing this prouct, drop us a line and one of our friendly staff can give you some advice.Contact Us